About Sinister Tidings

Here you will find a collage of likes and dislikes from RTS’ Spyder Collins. The primary focus is to bring fun and indie flashes of art and not so mainstream artists. There is nothing fancy, revealing, political or otherwise world shaping. Just things, introductions, reminiscing and fun in the world of literature, art and music, to which I hope you enjoy and find some pleasure in.

Monday, July 15, 2013

Dead College (Horror, Zombie Apocalypse, Walking Dead, Drama)



With all due respect, to Mr. Kent Reaper, because we all know it isn’t easy to write and it takes a little know how to put together a tale and put it out on KDP and PubIt! But really …?

Dead College is about the school quarterback who just happens to see another student indulging in the flesh (and not the carnal way) of one of the professors. At that moment, yes at the moment it dawns on him that the world as he knows it has forever changed. Um … ok.

The story begs the question, why Zack (the quarterback) was so eager to idly watch the trough of humanity being feasted upon. Hold on, flashback. No, wait now he is speculating scientific possibilities. Then the stereotypical chase ensues. Yes, I finished the story to my dismay. All the way up to Kelly and Zack exiting the building to face a world filled with the dead … but how did he know?

I have mentioned before that I am far from a grammar authority and find myself embarrassed after the fact - Dead College falls into this category. If you are in the mood for zombie fun, brainless zombie fun, (after all, they ate all the brains) then this is a magnificent read. There is promise in the story, indeed. Mr. Reaper just needs to flush it out … I my humble opinion.

I shall move on to his other follow-on tales, however ... why, out of respect for the author - I know all to well what a long and arduous path writing is ... it can only get better, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment