About Sinister Tidings

Here you will find a collage of likes and dislikes from RTS’ Spyder Collins. The primary focus is to bring fun and indie flashes of art and not so mainstream artists. There is nothing fancy, revealing, political or otherwise world shaping. Just things, introductions, reminiscing and fun in the world of literature, art and music, to which I hope you enjoy and find some pleasure in.

Sunday, July 21, 2013

People of the Static - Jack Night



Jack Night’s story The Static People is a short story about the static in baby monitors, television, radio even hearing aids talking to use. They are not suggesting diabolic things, in fact much of what they suggests are things that are about to occur. It is just the fact that the static is talking the scares people in the story.

Now, I am suggesting that The Static People reminds me of a Twilight Zone episode (here we are again on this topic) or perhaps something I have seen or read before, I just can’t put my finger on it. The familiarity with the storyline doomed the story for me. I almost knew what was going to happen next as we move down the neighborhood.

What I did not get was the clock angle on the entire story. You see, Night runs the clock backwards from 3:00 to well, 0:00 and winds it back up again. Seems that things are happening in reverse but that would just be illogical. From a storyline perspective, not thrilled.

For those looking for a quick time killer at the airport, maybe, but if you are looking for substance move along, perhaps tune in "The Dead of Winter" by Mr. Night - which offers far more than Static People.

No comments:

Post a Comment