About Sinister Tidings

Here you will find a collage of likes and dislikes from RTS’ Spyder Collins. The primary focus is to bring fun and indie flashes of art and not so mainstream artists. There is nothing fancy, revealing, political or otherwise world shaping. Just things, introductions, reminiscing and fun in the world of literature, art and music, to which I hope you enjoy and find some pleasure in.

Sunday, July 28, 2013

The writer’s muse and the art affect

 


I find that there are many things that stimulate my muse, for me it is primarily music. Music is something that has been covered widely within the dark crevices of this blog. There is another form of art that from time to time sparks my muse. That of the visual arts, primarily illustration, ink and painting - provide great motivation.

From time to time my muse will dabble here about such art, whether a single illustration or a body of work.  One such site is that of Ms. Alexandria Noël and her site “Alexandria Noël Painter • Illustrator • Designer.” I stumbled upon her art via Chamber of Echoes as I was doing some research for my musically inspired muse. Seems Ms. Noël was responsible for the site. The site, might I add, is expertly designed, laid out and masterfully presented.

From there I was able to investigate a bit further and discovered her site – and I was thrilled. The illustration and paintings displayed are exceptional and her Plague Doctor awakened my muse in a unique and specific manner. Sometimes unexpected things get our creativity to blossom – and we can thank the work of other artist for such direction, as I am certain our words inspire at the end of their pen or fingers against a musical instrument.

I highly recommend a visit to Ms. Noël’s site for a spot of inspiration or an eyeful of art that is certain to please and perhaps take you places you never conjured before.

No comments:

Post a Comment