About Sinister Tidings

Here you will find a collage of likes and dislikes from RTS’ Spyder Collins. The primary focus is to bring fun and indie flashes of art and not so mainstream artists. There is nothing fancy, revealing, political or otherwise world shaping. Just things, introductions, reminiscing and fun in the world of literature, art and music, to which I hope you enjoy and find some pleasure in.

Friday, July 5, 2013

The First Book of Demons - Raquel Dove



When was the last time you read a book and said, “Shit that was good.” The First Book of Demons by Raquel Dove (at the time of this pose, her webpage leaves much to be desired). The story centers on Alexandra whose family meets with a tragic and brutal end. The story moves from there to the introduction of demons into Alexandra’s life and thus the real adventure begins.

I enjoy a good demon read, though the cover tossed me a bit – expecting a vampire tale –, which is the reason it took me a few spins around the virtual library before I checked this one out. Nonetheless, once I did and got through the first few pages I found myself engulfed in the work Dove was painting.

The First Book of Demons is a quick read, not that it is a short story or novel, because the words just keep coming and you find yourself comfortable in them and wanting to continue the journey. A great read with steady storytelling and flushed characters. That said if I had to complain about something it would be that I would love to know more about Alexandra. Perhaps she is flushed out a bit more in book two – another reason to move on to the next tale “Demons Among Us.”

High in my list of recommended reads – its fun, dark and yes, paranormal. Perhaps it is YA but no matter, as an adult I still loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment