About Sinister Tidings

Here you will find a collage of likes and dislikes from RTS’ Spyder Collins. The primary focus is to bring fun and indie flashes of art and not so mainstream artists. There is nothing fancy, revealing, political or otherwise world shaping. Just things, introductions, reminiscing and fun in the world of literature, art and music, to which I hope you enjoy and find some pleasure in.

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

What Neither Star nor Sun Shall Waken: A Sci-Fi Horror Story - Ryan Notch



Well, I am not a fan of ignoramus titles and Mr. Notch; notched himself a good one with What Neither Star nor Sun Shall Waken: A Sci-Fi Horror Story … to say the least. Now, I shock and awe ensued once I begin my journey through the pages of (after the first two pages of title) this unique, clever and positively great tale.

Yup – it was a “Oh Shit” story, meaning when I was done, all I said was “Oh Shit.” Why? Simple, because the story was excellent. It is science fiction/horror and though I never once quivered or pissed myself, I was pleasantly refined by the underlying horror and impressed with the science fiction.

Gibson is the pilot and Jack is the navigator and they have long since set sail for Europa, Jupiter’s smallest moon. Their mission is to set loose probes to perform a scientific study to determine the existence of life or if the moon would provide the elements to sustain life. Tragic events place the two on the surface, one alive and one dead … the ensuing story is a non-stop page-turner of data and suspense.

Highly recommend … wait for it “What Neither Star nor Sun Shall Waken: A Sci-Fi Horror Story” whew … sorry out of breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment