About Sinister Tidings

Here you will find a collage of likes and dislikes from RTS’ Spyder Collins. The primary focus is to bring fun and indie flashes of art and not so mainstream artists. There is nothing fancy, revealing, political or otherwise world shaping. Just things, introductions, reminiscing and fun in the world of literature, art and music, to which I hope you enjoy and find some pleasure in.

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Forever Fifteen (The Lucia Alberti Series) – Kimberly Steele



Confession, being upfront and honest, I am not a reader of paranormal romance and this book did not turn me. That said, I read it from cover to cover and had to quietly admit that I liked it. Not saying I am a fan and will run out and buy a library full of paranormal romance titles – because I won’t.

So, in a small little package, Forever Fifteen provided me a view into the Twilight Saga, which much of today’s vampire based romance books are compared. In this case, I think it somewhat fits. To the credit of Steele however the gore, violence and erotic moments are far more R rated and enjoyable for the adult reader.

Steele does well with her character, her centerpiece Lucy. She’s a misplaced creature in a misguided and not easy to understand world. The tribulations and growth of the character in such an environment makes the story move along and your “love” of Lucy takes hold.

I quite enjoyed the mood of the storyline – if was brooding, sexy and intriguing, as well the world, which Lucy is unfolding in as a character, is familiar. The package that is Forever Fifteen was a fun diversion from my normal reading habits. This is one place I will return, Steele's library, when I want a fix of such a genre.

Recommendation on this one is a definite for the genre reader and for those wanting to dip a toe into the pool of paranormal romance, why not do it between the dripping pages of blood from Kimberly Steele’s Forever Fifteen?

No comments:

Post a Comment