About Sinister Tidings

Here you will find a collage of likes and dislikes from RTS’ Spyder Collins. The primary focus is to bring fun and indie flashes of art and not so mainstream artists. There is nothing fancy, revealing, political or otherwise world shaping. Just things, introductions, reminiscing and fun in the world of literature, art and music, to which I hope you enjoy and find some pleasure in.

Friday, July 19, 2013

On the writer's iPod – Porcelain and the Tramps



Here is one of those bands, artists that perhaps you have heard of perhaps not. Regardless, they are not mainstream nor are the heard on the radio, at least in my neighborhood. Of course, the draw in my humble opinion is the lead singer, Porcelain Black. She is a little insane, rough but is ultimately, breathtaking. Her voice is melodious but mostly hard and refined.


The never released(?) self titled EP/LP from Porcelain and the Tramps. Contains an assortment of exceptional music and hard biting lyrics:

  1. King Of The World
  2. Fuck Like A Star
  3. Redlight District
  4. I Feel Perfect
  5. I'm Your Favorite Drug
  6. My Leftovers
  7. The Preyingmantis
  8. Sugar Cube
  9. Transparent
  10. You Want
  11. Gasoline
  12. The Neighbor                                 
Slays my muse and puts her in the mood for something a little dark … listen on and enjoy. My muse is officially hooked:




This entire EP/LP kicks some serious ass. Alaina Beaton is Porcelain Black (FB) and the main draw, of course. Her look is distinctive, voice and stage presence sets her apart. She is somewhat of an urban legend and a key component to the Industrial Rock scene – all in all my muse just thinks she rocks. Best known perhaps for her later work (perhaps?) – This is What Rock and Roll Looks Like:


 
She is just talented, entertaining and nasty -  (web) - and to think I stumbled onto perfection by accident ... love my wandering muse.

No comments:

Post a Comment